Since every day we come up with some development or improvement in any given field, it’s the same when it comes to modern kitchen design too. kitchen design came a long way, Lets checkout some of the styles and we would like to leave it to you to measure which is better since not everyone has the same taste.
- Contemporary: Contemporary basically means to live in the current time; it is rather a ‘lighter’ term to use. For example, what was the trend 10 years back might not be the same today. In the same way today one can build a Kitchen cabinet with Marble top (traditional) with minimal and sharp-edged frame (modern) becomes a contemporary style.
- Features that define a ”contemporary kitchen cabinet design these days would be things like cutting-edge appliances, some of which boast smart or tech-savvy gadgets, Eco-friendly products and finishes, a layered lighting plan, and a mix of materials and appliances.
- Modern kitchen cabinets: Modern kitchen styles emerged in 20th century; Birthed by the German Bauhaus schools of design and the Scandinavian design emphasis on simplicity and function, the Modern kitchen Style is actually very old. Modern kitchen cabinets have a really specific design style.
- Modern kitchen cabinets are majorly Sleek and minimalist, contemporary kitchens thrive on straight lines, sharp corners and simplistic style with stainless steel appliances and modern pendant lights etc.,
- Transitional Kitchen Cabinets: The transitional kitchen cabinets blend the best of both warm and cosy traditional elements with cooler, sleeker modern ones.
- So, for example, in transitional kitchen cabinets, you may select more ornate cabinet door frames with traditional hardware, but you’ll still end up choosing a frameless design. A transitional kitchen may have a sweet chair near the wall near the dining area, but it will also have a swanky chandelier or some funky suspended pendants to lend a more contemporary edge. You get the picture…
This way, we can try to differentiate Modern, contemporary and transitional kitchen designs. However, it all depends upon the way one preserves a particular style of design.
The petty struggle whether to go for Sliding door wardrobes or a Hinge door wardrobe. Well, as we always do let’s gauge them both and you can think through on what fits you well…?
- Story :
- Sliding Door Wardrobes: Sliding door wardrobes are rather new to the whole Wardrobes Design field. Yet we do read that this concept was around since the ancient Roman times & can find references of sliding Wardrobes in Asian cultures too.
- Hinge Door Wardrobes: The Hinge Technology was around for centuries and still an active practice in making Wardrobes. Many traditionally like this very concept because of various reasons.
- Science :
- Sliding Door Wardrobes: The Sliding Wardrobes have a door that can slide in either direction on tracks, sliding past each other. In order to access one side of the closet at a time. The doors in a bypass section of sliding door wardrobe will overlap slightly when viewed from the front of the sliding door wardrobe. But, the advantage of a Sliding Wardrobes is they don’t stick out and occupy space in the room when opened.
- Hinge Door Wardrobes: Most Hinge door Wardrobes are hinged along one side to allow the door to pivot/move away from the doorway in the opposite direction of the cabinet, but not the other. A majority of the hinged wardrobes are constructed with the point of an axis, is vertical but we do also find hinge wardrobes with a horizontal point of axis. A disadvantage of a hinge door wardrobe is that it sticks out occupying space into the room when opened.
- Synopsis :
- Sliding Door Wardrobes –
- Sliding Door Wardrobes require no space when opened.
- Sliding door wardrobes are a great match for glass and mirrored doors. The options available for sliding door wardrobe design customizations are practically limitless because of the wide variety of colour choices, finishes, and textures for sliding door wardrobe.
- Sliding wardrobes favour a lot of space, with a wardrobe of this versatility the need for additional storage is reduced.
- Sliding wardrobes are easy to be installed because the door of the sliding door wardrobe just needs a top and bottom track to run on and it reduces major carpentry work.
- Hinge Door Wardrobes –
- On one hand, Hinge door wardrobes being good on the smaller sized wardrobes the bigger picture of the hinge door wardrobes are always a disturbance.
- Since they are hinged the hinge door wardrobes need ample space in front of the wardrobe in order for it to be fully opened.
- There is some amount of damage done to the hinge door wardrobes on a long run because of the usage and the pressure/weight put on the hinges. Making it not reliable on a longer run.
Because the hinges are only on one side of the door the options like mirrored doors are a risk because the weight is ought to be carried by the hinges.