The petty struggle whether to go for Sliding door wardrobes or a Hinge door wardrobe. Well, as we always do let’s gauge them both and you can think through on what fits you well…?
- Story :
- Sliding Door Wardrobes: Sliding door wardrobes are rather new to the whole Wardrobes Design field. Yet we do read that this concept was around since the ancient Roman times & can find references of sliding Wardrobes in Asian cultures too.
- Hinge Door Wardrobes: The Hinge Technology was around for centuries and still an active practice in making Wardrobes. Many traditionally like this very concept because of various reasons.
- Science :
- Sliding Door Wardrobes: The Sliding Wardrobes have a door that can slide in either direction on tracks, sliding past each other. In order to access one side of the closet at a time. The doors in a bypass section of sliding door wardrobe will overlap slightly when viewed from the front of the sliding door wardrobe. But, the advantage of a Sliding Wardrobes is they don’t stick out and occupy space in the room when opened.
- Hinge Door Wardrobes: Most Hinge door Wardrobes are hinged along one side to allow the door to pivot/move away from the doorway in the opposite direction of the cabinet, but not the other. A majority of the hinged wardrobes are constructed with the point of an axis, is vertical but we do also find hinge wardrobes with a horizontal point of axis. A disadvantage of a hinge door wardrobe is that it sticks out occupying space into the room when opened.
- Synopsis :
- Sliding Door Wardrobes –
- Sliding Door Wardrobes require no space when opened.
- Sliding door wardrobes are a great match for glass and mirrored doors. The options available for sliding door wardrobe design customizations are practically limitless because of the wide variety of colour choices, finishes, and textures for sliding door wardrobe.
- Sliding wardrobes favour a lot of space, with a wardrobe of this versatility the need for additional storage is reduced.
- Sliding wardrobes are easy to be installed because the door of the sliding door wardrobe just needs a top and bottom track to run on and it reduces major carpentry work.
- Hinge Door Wardrobes –
- On one hand, Hinge door wardrobes being good on the smaller sized wardrobes the bigger picture of the hinge door wardrobes are always a disturbance.
- Since they are hinged the hinge door wardrobes need ample space in front of the wardrobe in order for it to be fully opened.
- There is some amount of damage done to the hinge door wardrobes on a long run because of the usage and the pressure/weight put on the hinges. Making it not reliable on a longer run.
- Sliding Door Wardrobes –
Because the hinges are only on one side of the door the options like mirrored doors are a risk because the weight is ought to be carried by the hinges.